As one of the leading research-led universities in the Philippines, the library of Aquinas University of Legazpi sticks to its objectives towards its goal of providing world-class reference materials. It recognizes the need for sufficient reference materials for the students' research needs. The knowledge that students can acquire in places like this can provide influence that transcends into educational and intellectual growth.
The University library is an integral part of the educational system of Aquinas University which serves the students, faculty, alumni, staff and other library patrons. It occupies the 2nd & 3rd floors of the St. Dominic Building. The Main Library has over 65,000 volumes of print & non-print materials. The Reference and Periodicals section (Library Extension) is situated at the third floor of the building. It subscribes to over one hundred local & foreign periodicals. It has a reading area that can accommodate 450 persons and has a floor area of 1,110 sq m.
Its mission is to provide and promote access to information in support of the university's goals & objectives by selecting, acquiring, organizing, & preserving library resources to support the teaching, learning, research, extension and cultural endeavors of the university. As the primary provider of information to the academic community, it envisions to become a dynamic, progressive & knowledge-based center that will provide wider access to local, national and global information.
The AQ Library intends to:
- provide an organized & readily accessible collection of print & non-print materials needed to support the curriculum/programs;
- provide access to information in a variety of formats & location (print, electronic & on-line);
- develop & encourage highly skilled & competent staff committed to the achievement of the Librarys mission & work together to provide responsive services to our users;
- provide facilities and equipment conducive for work, study & research;
- optimize cooperative or resource-sharing activities with other libraries/information centers to augment library resources; and
- source out materials & funds from local, national & international agencies to enhance its resources & facilities.
|Main Library (2nd Flr., St. Dominic Bldg.)||7:30 AM - 7:00 PM Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Sat (no noon break)||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Mon - Sat (no noon break)|
|Reference & Periodical Section (Library Extension, 3 rd flr., St. Dominic Bldg.)||8:00 AM - 5:30 PM Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Sat (no noon break)||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Mon - Sat (no noon break|
- Audio-Visual materials (DVDs, VCDs, Videos, transparencies, slides, etc.)
- Circulating Stack (Undergraduate collections)
- Electronic Information Sources (Internet, E-books, CD-ROMs, etc.)
- General References
- Government Documents
- Rare Books
- Reserve materials
- Special collections (Bikoliana, Rizaliana, Napal, Goyena, AU Publications, etc)
- Theses/Dissertations/Research Reports
- Vertical Files/Informational Resources
Organization of Materials
The Library collection is catalogued/organized using the Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme. Information about the collection can be retrieved through the Online Public Access Catalog and/or the traditional card catalog. Open-Shelf System is adopted in the Circulation Section wherein users have direct access to the library collection. Reserve, Architecture & Fine Arts, Accountancy, Special Collections, Reference & Periodicals Sections are on a Closed-Shelf System.
And aside from the regular functions performed by the library staff in connection with the acquisition, cataloging and circulation of library materials, the following are the services rendered to the library users.
- AV Services (Previewing, Film Viewing)
- Book borrowing
- Book Display (New acquisitions)
- Current Awareness
- Electronic Services (OPAC, CD-ROMs)
- Library Publications (Library Guide, Acquisitions List, Library Newsette)
- Referral Service
- Reference & Information
- Service to Outside Researchers
- Table of Contents (TOC)
- Technical Services (Selection, Ordering, Cataloging & Binding)
- User Education/Library Instruction program
- Internet Room
- Online Public Access Catalog (AQ LibPro) area
- Photocopying area
- Previewing/Viewing Room
- Technical Room (Acquisition, Ordering & Cataloging)
- AV/Special Collection
- Engineering/Architecture & Fine Arts
- Reference & Periodicals
- Reserve & Circulation
|Schedule of Examinations|