AQ Cultural Exchange Program
The AQ Cultural Exchange Program is a seven- to ten-day visit to Aquinas University of Legazpi. The package provides an opportunity for students of partner schools to experience the AQ community and discover Bicolano hospitality.
The package also includes maximum exposure to local language, culture, and environment.
- To study, appreciate and compare Filipino practices with that of partner institution in terms of religion, way of life, traits, food and dances.
- To promote intercultural understanding of language, practices, and beliefs.
After staying in Aquinas University, participating students are expected to:
- Identify Bicolano traits and practices which are similar to and or different from that of the partner institution or country;
- Observe a regular day in Legazpi and Albay and witness how the people get along with daily routines;
- Experience Bicolano hospitality by spending a day with a host family;
- Observe and learn how to prepare Filipino dishes;
- Exhibit basic Filipino dance steps;
- Experience actual community immersion by visiting the adopted communities of the University and hands-on exposure to abaca weaving, bag making, hand made papermaking and pottery making;
- Witness and appreciate the beauty of the natural resources in Bicol;
- Showcase one's cultural identity through a cultural show.
Contents of the Program
- Welcome dinner
- Small group and informal sharing or discussion with Aquinian students
- Cooking demo and lessons of some Bicolano delicacies
- Dancing lessons on selected Filipino folk dances
- Immersion with the community
- Hands on experience with Bicol handicrafts and pottery making
- Visit to historical places and churches in Bicol
- Farewell dinner and cultural show.
The university shall make the necessary arrangement for a very affordable accommodation in campus. The package also includes three meals a day and transportation expenses during the students' stay in Legazpi City.
Airfare (Example: Japan -Manila-Legazpi , Legazpi-Manila-Japan) and living expenses are shouldered by the visiting student/s.
The APPLICANT must:
...be a bona fide student of the partner institution ...be endorsed by the sending institution ...be able to communicate in English ...have a valid passport ...have the enthusiasm to meet people and adventurous enough to learn a new culture ...bring enough clothes suited for a warm climate ...be able to document daily activities through a journal
|Schedule of Examinations|